Friday, June 15, 2007

New beginnings

Thursday I met the new pastor at the church where we rent our classroom space.

K. got off to VA today, so today I begin housesitting in earnest--on my own again.

Today is the beginning of summer break.

Today began a new friendship. I met one of the kids' biggest supporters (through Vision Trust.) It was fun meeting her and going down the list telling her about our kids. I'm sure I'm as bad as any parent, when it comes to talking about our students. I could see that she has the same heart for children that I do, and it's always wonderful to meet a kindred spirit. We spent lots of time exchanging ideas and teaching tips. Fun!

It was quite fun spending several hours in English mode, talking to various people visiting here from the US, telling them a little about the work here.

It was especially nice to see two dear friends who formerly lived here as missionaries, and now come from time to time with work teams.

Monday is a teacher work day, to get the classrooms straightened up. After that I am setting only a couple of "must-do's" for the week, because it really is time to take a break and relax before I dig into the summer's work.

No comments:

Post a Comment