Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Complications

Ah, the joys of the WWW! As a veteran websurfer, I really appreciate the web. It is a great help to my work, providing materials, inspiration, education on a plethora of subjects that interest me and communication with a myriad of people. Still, it was quite a stretch to make and maintain my own website. I decided to go with a freebie, because frankly, I wasn't sure how it would work out. I didn't want to invest a lot of money or even time, until I could see it would actually be useful to me.

Unfortunately, the server I chose, doesn't like to let me update my site. Sometimes I upload it five or six times before it all gets through. And their support is dismal. You send in a support ticket, and wait up to 48 hours for a response. The first response is always something canned, so it means writing again, and waiting up to 48 hours more. And so it goes. What do I expect for free?

So if you've been over to my website, hey, I'm working on getting it back up ASAP.

No comments:

Post a Comment